"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cravings...





So one of the first questions you always get asked when you are pregnant is "Are you craving anything?" Personally, I am not craving chocolate, or candy, or salty foods or pickles. I crave orange juice! Yep, good old-fashioned OJ. I can't get enough of it right now. I do try to limit to a glass in the morning and a glass before bed, but believe me, I could drink it ALL DAY LONG!
I am also really into anything with fig in it! Fig Newtons, fig preserves, cooking with figs etc. My sister and I found this wonderful recipe for a fig appetizer in our last Southern Living magazine and my brother-in-law cooked some for us a couple of weeks ago! So yummy! I had them again this past Sunday night courtesy of my mom! My whole family has fallen in love with them! Great summer treat to have before dinner! I have included the recipe below. Enjoy!


Baked Fig Crostini

Ingredients
  • 4 ounces chopped cooked bacon or country ham
  • 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped toasted pecans
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 12 fresh figs
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • Toasted baguette slices

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together bacon or country ham, softened goat cheese, finely chopped toasted pecans, and chopped fresh thyme. Cut figs in half. Press back of a small spoon into centers of fig halves, making a small indentation in each. Spoon bacon mixture into indentations. Bake on a baking sheet 7 minutes. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately with toasted baguette slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment